Sunday, 3 June 2012

The Emperor is here...

As stated previously, the Emperor has arrived.

I've tried to go for the hood slightly covering the top part of the face, I think it's turned out pretty much as intended and I've chosen not to go for the "lightsaber out" look as with previous Jedi.

You'll also notice that I've given Games Workshop's texture paint another shot, with a drybrush using one of their Dry paints.  I think they work quite well, although check it out for yourself and let me know.

So here we go:





As always, comments welcome!

6 comments:

  1. very cool conversion, looks exactly like the emperor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dan, now if only I could find something to remotely resemble Stormtroopers I'd be set!

      Delete
  2. That turned out nicely!

    I can't help you with Stormtroopers (or, god forbid, Imperial Guards) but some painters have evoked them fairly convincingly from other armored sci-fi figures using just paint. One luxury of the 15 mm scale I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite happy with the results, I'm toying with the idea of painting some of my Harook in Stormtrooper-esque colours just to see how they turn out. May also convert one for an Alien Jedi (I've far too many human ones done).

      Delete
  3. Sculpt and robe paint looks fantastic. Skin looks pretty healthy for old Palps, though, no zombie flesh paint on hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the comment Don - flesh tones are really not my cup of tea/coffee/coke, the skin tone is as good as it gets I'm afraid!

      I've got a few Wargames Factory Zombies to practice on though so with any luck I'll get around to repainting his skin after I get the look right.

      Delete