Sunday, 24 June 2012

Harook Stormtroopers Part II

Here we go, the second of today's posts, the current batch of Harook.

Still have about thirteen left to paint up but hopefully you can get the general look of them from the shots below.

Group shot:


Seperated shots:



So far, so good.  I'm really happy with the way they are turning out, it's a bit of a faff to get the armour looking like Stormtrooper armour but I think that the more of them I do the easier it's getting.

As they say, practice makes perfect.

The next batch of five are almost ready, just need to finish the armour and bases and they'll be set to go.

The squad leaders will have something on them to denote their seniority, I'm toying with the idea of different coloured beaks rather than the usual shoulder pad colouring - seems as though it would fit better.

Hope you like them, will try to finish them off by next weekend (ready for the upcoming release of the special weapons teams!).

9 comments:

  1. Maybe the plumage rather than the beak to denote rank?

    Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, I think I'll try one with both, beak and plumage a different colour... maybe dark blue into a bright green for the feathers with a red/orange portion on the beak.

      By the way, regarding your blog - very impressed with the amount of minis you get through, takes me weeks just to get a few 15's up!

      Delete
    2. Hmm... is there a biological underpinning for their rank structure? Ie. perhaps as a Harook increases in rank, they also rise in the group pecking order and their feathers change colour? /bio nerd

      Delete
    3. Not sure, tribal markings I could see (hence my beak idea), but maybe the colours change with age - the longer they live the more seniority they gain within the flock.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. You're welcome to the treehouse idea, give my Harook somewhere to stay if they come for a visit! No guarantees that they'll leave the place habitable though, they are a bit unmanageable.

    I'll have to post a few more pics of the treehouse as I've added some cammo netting and logs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do - I've literally just bought some Woodland Scenics trees to give it a shot, would love to see what you've done to the place ;-)

      Delete
    2. Finally got around to taking a couple of photos - http://felonmarming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/harook-treehouse.html

      Delete
    3. That treehouse looks fantastic! My first batch of trees turned up yesterday so I'm going to have a bit of a practice before I try anything that impressive!

      Delete
  3. These guys look great, a novel use for the Harook, I like them.

    ReplyDelete