Thursday, 23 May 2013

AT-43 in 15mm

Quick test paint for AT-43 Frostbite UNA troopers in 15mm (minis supplied by Khurasan):


I'm still struggling with white although at the moment I think I've got to a place that I'm happy with the process I've got for getting them to this stage.

It's basically a white undercoat (the GW base white - can't remember the name), a wash of black, currently my last few remaining drops of badab black soon to be grudgingly replaced with nuln oil, then re-paint the white over the top.

Another update on the way later today!

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. I really like that look. I might swipe it for myself.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your white over black has good coverage. I'm surprised. I like the Splinter Cell style goggles, they worked well and give the minis a focal point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black wash does tend to pool in the recesses so as long as you stay out of them when doing the white re-paint it it seems to work well.

      Delete
    2. Ah I mis-read it as a black undercoat, but yeah, I have had issues even putting white over any dark colour so I'm glad to hear that worked. I just ordered some of these, so I'm planning ahead here...

      Delete
  3. I like those quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice ! I've been thinking of trying out AT-43 for 15mm for some time. The rule set seems very easy to transfer, I'm not even sure any of the ranges need changing. What's your take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the ranges work just fine as they are, no need to scale down for 15mm at all. I've still got some of my AT-43 stuff and I love the Frostbite style troopers and Therians. When I eventually get my proverbial back in gear that's what I'm aiming for - UNA Frostbite & Therian armies!

      Delete
    2. Well I lokk forward to it. I'll keep my eye on your blog ;)

      Delete