Monday, 2 September 2013

Eldar...

Picked up some Vadorian Assassins from Critical Mass Games last week, will be converting them for use as 15mm Eldar.

Here are the test shots for the first batch, wanted to try out Howling Banshee colours as a test - I know that they are a bit plain but the next ones will have a little green stuff and a bit more time spent on them, these are just proof of concept to see how they look...



I think the two minis with the rifles will be altered to become Eldar Guardians, the others I'll have to think about how I can convert them for aspect warriors.

As to a ruleset I'm thinking about "In The Emperor's Name".  Downloaded but not yet given it a run-through.

Anyway, hope you like them.

8 comments:

  1. I do like them, maybe some head colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping that for the next batch after I greenstuff the helmets. Wanted to keep these ones more or less the one colour to see how Howling Banshees would turn out.

      Think you're right though, might do a bit of a touch-up at some point ;-)

      Delete
  2. I also thought of using these for my Eldar conversions, but I a little concerned for the lack of pose variants, after all the kneeling pose is almost useless, I was thinking of using rebel minis Shalur mercs instead, they have a similar look but will provide more pose variants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan - have you got a link to the rebel minis figs - can;t seem to find them on their site?

      Delete
    2. Hi id - I haven't seen these in person, I asked around on TMP for comparison shots with no luck, so I have no idea how big they are, but they are in the sleek high tech armour we need, the conversion would need some work to the helmets, adding the eldar back pack and replacing the weapons, but with a little work I can see them working, the Vadorians would also work , just less useful poses I think.

      http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-51356505839231_2269_84247680

      Delete
  3. There's also some extra poses in the command pack, you never know, the Vadorians may fit in size wise with these and offer even more variation, although they look a little skinnier.
    http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-51356505839231_2269_87047615

    ReplyDelete
  4. My other idea was Khurasans corporate marines, the bodies would work well, but you would have to replace the heads.

    http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/ttc1000.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dan - I'll have a look through those today at some point. My next batch of guardians will be ready today as well so I'll post them later.

      I've only changed the helmets so will see what they look like with absolute minimum work and take it from there.

      Delete